If it appears I’m preoccupied with miscellaneous, frivolous accessories for Northern Cross, you’re probably right. But, I’ve got to do something with my time as I wait for more epoxy to arrive.
What are we going to do with 2 dorky lap trays?
- Use them in the cockpit or cabin to contain salami and cheese.
- Place fresh grapes on them as we cruise in style.
- Provide a place to set my hot drink.
- Provide a nice level platform when using my backpacking stove.
- Use as a backer plate behind my adventure journal.
- Use as a lap desk in the cabin at night.
I plan to store them on the inside of the aft bunk longitudinals. This will keep them out of the way and off the floor. Because of this, the larger tray cannot exceed 12″ in width or the lid won’t close.