I decided to flip my Skiff America before installing the cockpit seats. This keeps the weight down, making it easier to flip.
Steps I took:
- I reinstalled the 4 screws holding the boat to the building frame.
- I pushed the boat sideways, using the building frame as a skid plate, to reposition the boat prior to flipping.
- I then removed the 4 screws holding the boat to the building frame.
- We then rolled the boat over, using old tires to cushion the boat from the garage floor.
- We then repositioned the boat in the garage bay for an efficient work space.
It feels so good to be at this stage of the building process. I can’t wait to begin shaping the hull and fairing all the seams. This will be a very rewarding phase. Many thanks to: Matt, Rich, James, Shawn, Gary and Preston for their help. The boat went over surprisingly easy and didn’t even make a sound. I was very impressed with how solid to felt.